Answer in Brief
Work in pairs and recognise how many words belong to each set. Complete the sentences as in the example. Use words only from the box above:
- Chemical elements?
Mercury, iron, ammonia__________ of___________ are chemical elements.
- Countries in South America?
Brazil, Syria, Sumatra One____________ is a country in South America.
Hwang Ho, Mekong ____________ them are rivers.
Telugu, Bengali, Punjabi, Holland____________are languages.
- Capital cities?
Pokhara, Mandalay, New York, Melbourne___________of ____________a capital.
- Grow on trees?
Pineapple, tomato_______________ of them grows on trees.
Taoism, Democracy, Communism ____________of ____________ is a religion.
- Units of currency?
rupee, kyat, yen, dollar, baht, rupiah ____________are units of currency.
- Mercury, iron—Two of them are chemical elements.
- Brazil—One of them is a country in South America.
- Hwang Ho, Mekong—Both of them are rivers.
- Telugu, Bengali, Punjabi—Three of them are languages.
- Mandalay—One of them is a capital city.
- Pineapple—Neither of them grows on trees.
- Taoism—One of them is a religion.
- rupee, kyat, yean dolloar, baht, rupiah—All of them are units of currency.
Concept: Writing and Grammar
Is there an error in this question or solution?