Work in pairs and recognise how many words belong to each set. Complete the sentences as in the example. Use words only from the box above:
- Chemical elements?
Mercury, iron, ammonia__________ of___________ are chemical elements.
- Countries in South America?
Brazil, Syria, Sumatra One____________ is a country in South America.
Hwang Ho, Mekong ____________ them are rivers.
Telugu, Bengali, Punjabi, Holland____________are languages.
- Capital cities?
Pokhara, Mandalay, New York, Melbourne___________of ____________a capital.
- Grow on trees?
Pineapple, tomato_______________ of them grows on trees.
Taoism, Democracy, Communism ____________of ____________ is a religion.
- Units of currency?
rupee, kyat, yen, dollar, baht, rupiah ____________are units of currency.
- Mercury, iron—Two of them are chemical elements.
- Brazil—One of them is a country in South America.
- Hwang Ho, Mekong—Both of them are rivers.
- Telugu, Bengali, Punjabi—Three of them are languages.
- Mandalay—One of them is a capital city.
- Pineapple—Neither of them grows on trees.
- Taoism—One of them is a religion.
- rupee, kyat, yean dolloar, baht, rupiah—All of them are units of currency.
Is there an error in this question or solution?
Solution Work in Pairs and Recognise How Many Words Belong to Each Set. Complete the Sentences as in the Example. Use Words Only from the Box Above: Concept: Writing and Grammar.