With the help of a neat and labelled diagram describe the steps in recombinant DNA technology.
Steps in recombinant DNA technology:-
The following steps are involved in recombinant DNA technology:-
- Isolation of genomic DNA from the donor.
- Fragmentation of the isolated DNA fragment by using restriction enzymes.
- Screening of the fragments for the desired gene.
- Insertion of the fragments with the desired gene into a cloning vector so as to develop a recombinant or chimeric DNA.
- Introduction of the recombinant vector into a competent host cell.
- Culturing of the cells containing recombinant vectors to obtain multiple copies of the desired fragment of DNA.
- Use of these copies to transform suitable host cells so as to express the desired gene.
Is there an error in this question or solution?