Answer in Brief
Why is it said that pollution control is important?
- Pollution affects the life of human beings and other living organisms. Also, it affects other natural elements like air, soil, water, etc.
- Persistence of pollutants in nature has adverse effects on human health and environment.
- Anthropogenic activities like mining, etc., have a negative impact on the ecosystem, biodiversity, natural resources and habitats.
- Pollution leads to loss of biodiversity, global warming, reduction in the number of plant and animal species, etc.
- Human health is largely impacted by degradation of the environment. Reduction in quality of air, water and other resources poses a threat to human life.
Hence, pollution control is extremely important.
Is there an error in this question or solution?