The question in this section is based on a set of conditions. Choose the response that most accurately and completely answer the question.
A panel reviews six contract bids - H, J, K, R, S, and T. No- two bids have the same cost. Exactly one of the bids is accepted. The following conditions must hold:
1. The accepted bid is either K or R and is either the second or the third lowest in cost.
2. H is lower in cost than each of J and K
3. If J is the fourth-lowest in cost, then J is lower in cost than each of S and T.
4. If J is not the fourth lowest in cost, then J is higher in cost than each of S and T.
5. Either R or S is the fifth-lowest in cost.
Which one of the following bids CANNOT be the second-lowest in cost?
Based on the above-given combinations, we can say that J cannot be the second-lowest in cost.