Answer in Brief
Which evidence of evolution is shown in the given picture? Explain the importance of this evidence.
The given diagrams depict anatomical similarities between the human hand, foreleg of the ox, forelimb of the bat, and flipper of the whale.
- Anatomical evidence are the similarities in structures and anatomy between different organisms.
- The hand of human, foreleg of ox, flipper of the whale, and forelimb of bat appear different superficially or morphologically.
- Also, the function of these structures is different in different animals.
- However, there is a similarity in the structure of bones and bony joints in the organs of these animals.
- These similarities indicate that the animals evolved from a common ancestor thus providing proof of evolution.
Concept: Evidences for Biological Evolution
Is there an error in this question or solution?