Which are various ways to minimize stress?
Explain four ways to minimize stress.
Stress can be defined as the response of our body to a demand or threat and it can be both physical and mental. There are many ways of handling stress, out of which some are mentioned below:
- Positive thinking
- Indulging in favourite hobbies, such as singing, dancing, gardening, etc
- Going for walks and practicing meditation
- Playing favourite outdoor games
- Talking to close family members and friends
Some of the ways to reduce stress are as follows:
- Maintaining good communication and expressing our feelings to friends, peers, cousins, teachers and parents or noting them down in a diary.
- Utilizing the free hours in fostering hobbies like material collection, photography, reading, cooking, sculpting, drawing, making rangoli, dancing, singing, listening to music, etc.
- Diverting energy and mind towards positive thinking, so as to neutralize the negative thoughts. Regular exercising, getting a massage, practicing yoga, and meditation.
- Laughing loudly so as to relieve stress.
- Playing sports and outdoor games so as to involve physical exercise, inculcate discipline, increase interaction with others, drive away loneliness, etc.
- Inculcating traits like time management, planning of our own duties and taking own decisions.
- If any of the above methods fail to reduce stress and leads to more serious problems like depression and frustration, then medical help, counseling and/or psychotherapy should be taken.