Answer in Brief
What will happen if the seas and oceans contain only freshwater?
- Marine organisms would die as they are capable of surviving only in seawater (saltwater).
- The coral formation could not take place as they are made up of calcareous minerals.
- Salt is quite important in daily usage.
- We would have to rely on artificial production without natural salt, which would incur a lot of monetary and infrastructural expenses.
- Saltwater can hold heat better.
- Sealife is adapted to saltwater.
- Ocean currents would be completely disrupted.
Concept: Fresh Water
Is there an error in this question or solution?