Answer in Brief
What steps taken for the protection and conservation of natural resources?
The following steps are taken/can be taken to conserve natural resources like:
Conservation of minerals:
- Improving the technology to allow the use of low-grade ores at low costs.
- Recycling of metals.
- Using scrap metals and other substitutes.
- Using the available minerals in a planned manner.
Conservation of forests:
- Indiscriminate deforestation should be prohibited.
- Wastage of timber and firewood should be avoided.
- Forest fires should be prevented.
- Reforestation of deforested areas should be undertaken.
- Excessive grazing of cattle in forests should be discouraged.
- Pests and diseases affecting forest trees should be chemically and biologically controlled.
Conservation of water:
- Clothes should be washed in washing machines only when the machine is filled to its maximum loading capacity.
- Taps must be closed while washing utensils, brushing teeth, shaving, etc.
- Trees should be planted in the monsoon season when temperatures are lower and rainfall is sufficient.
- Promote rainwater harvesting and drip irrigation.
Concept: Natural Resources in the Earth’S Crust
Is there an error in this question or solution?