What is pro-environmental behaviour? How can the environment be protected from pollution? Suggest some strategies.
Pro-environmental behaviour is the friendly and caring attitude of people who help to prevent environmental degradation and conserve natural resources.
For instance, change in life-style and attitude of the people like conserving energy resources, planting trees, reduction in noise (sound-pollution) and air-pollution.
Some Strategies to Protect Environment are :-
- Reducing air-pollution by keeping vehicle in good condition or changing to non-fuel driven vehicle, stopping the practice of smoking.
- Reducing noise (sound pollution) by ensuring that noise levels are low. e.g., discouraging needless honking on the road, or making rule regarding noisy music at certain hours.
- Planting trees and ensuring their care.
- Reducing the non-biodegradable packing of consumer goods.
- Laws related to construction (especially in urban areas) that violate optimal environment design.
- Saying ‘no’ to plastic use in any form, thus reducing toxic wastes that pollute water, air and the soil.