What is the peculiarity of the ‘DNA’ structure?
Peculiarities of the DNA structure:
- DNA is a double helical structure having nucleotides.
- These nucleotides are made of deoxyribose sugar, phosphoric acid and nitrogenous bases such as adenine, thymine, cytosine and guanine.
- The nucleotide sequence of the DNA molecule is called a gene.
- Genes are present on DNA.
- A type of gene is responsible for the synthesis of a particular protein.
- Changes in the gene can alter the characteristics of the organisms.
Concept: Mendel’s Laws of Inheritance
Is there an error in this question or solution?