Answer in Brief
What do you know about the Royal Art of Mauryan?
Royal Art consists of palaces and public buildings, Monolithic pillars, Rock-cut Architecture, and Stupas.
- It is a semicircle dome constructed on brick or stone.
- The Buddha’s relics were placed in the center.
- We can see the stupa at Sanchi near Bhopal.
2. Monolithic Pillar:
- The crowning element in this pillar is ‘Dharma Chakra’.
- We can see the pillar at Sarnath.
3. Rock cut Architecture:
- Rock cut caves are in Barabar hills and Nagarjuna hills
- They are to the north of Bodh Gaya.
- 3 caves in Barabar hills have Ashoka’s inscriptions.
- 3 caves in Nagarjuna hills have Dasharatha Maurya’s inscriptions, (grandson of Ashoka).
Concept: Reasons for the Decline of the Mauryan Empire
Is there an error in this question or solution?