What are use of Noble metals?
Uses of Noble metals are:
Uses of Silver: It is a shiny, heavy metal, and the best conductor of electricity.
- It is used for making silver ornaments and expensive utensils such as glasses, mugs, etc.
- It is used for making coins.
- Salts of silver like silver chloride are used for making photographic films.
- Silver foils are used for decorating sweets.
- Silver is also used for making mirrors using a process called sputtering.
Uses of gold: Gold is a bright yellow and highly malleable and ductile metal.
- Gold is used as the index of wealth. The countries which have more gold reserve are considered to be wealthy.
- It is used for making ornaments.
- It is used for making high-value coins and medals.
- It is used for covering the mainframe of artificial satellites.
Uses of platinum: Platinum is silvery-white, a highly malleable and ductile metal.
- It is used for making ornaments and watches.
- It is used as a catalyst in the manufacture of sulphuric acid and nitric acid.
- It is used in platinum catalytic converters.
- It is also used in chemical laboratories.