Answer in Brief
What are the points to be borne in mind while writing letters to the members?
Member is the owner of the company. Secretary should remember this fact and write the letter accordingly in a nice, gentle, considerate manner.
- Correct information: The information in form of facts, figures, and data should be accurate and right. No baseless or wrong information be given as that lead to confusion and misunderstandings and wrong decision making.
- Prompt Reply: Secretary should be quick to reply to any query or clarification of the shareholder. This helps in enhancing the company's goodwill and builds confidence in his mind.
- Politeness: It should be courteous and friendly letter which gives respect to the member. The tone of the letter should be polite and soft.
- Lucidity: It should be written in a simple, but free-flowing language. Technical language and jargon should be avoided, otherwise, the purpose of the letter will be lost on the reader.
- Secrecy: Only the relevant and connected information should be mentioned in the letter. Member trying to gather confidential matters or information or looking for inside information should be avoided and denied in a tactful manner.
- Image and goodwill of the company: The sincere attempt made to clear doubts, queries, and problems of the members go long way in building a positive image of the company. They feel assured that the company is managed well and enhances their confidence.
- Consideration and kindness: Letter should be sympathetic and kind. It should address the problem in a sensitive manner and solutions be applied keeping in mind the typical situation of the member.
- Legal Provisions: Letter be written keeping in mind the legality aspect of the matter. In no way, wrong information or promises be given to members which may lead to confusion.
Concept: Letter Thanking the Investor for Deposits
Is there an error in this question or solution?