Answer in Brief
What are the different types of migration? Explain.
Based on the movement associated with administrative limits.
- Internal Migration:
- The movement of people within a country is known as internal migration.
- Further internal migration is classified into four types. They are,
- Rural to Urban migration
- Urban to Urban migration
- Rural to Rural migration and
- Urban to Rural migration
- International Migration:
Migration that occurs across the national boundaries are known as international migration.
Based on the Willingness of the migrants for migration:
- Voluntary migration:
If the migration takes place on perspus free will, initiative, and desire to live in a better place.
- Involuntary migration:
If the migration takes place against the will of migrants is known as involuntary migration.
Based on the duration of stay of migrants in the place of destination:
- Short term migration:
The migrants stay outside only for a short duration before returning to the place of origin.
- Long term migration:
The migrants stay outside at least for a few years.
- Seasonal migration:
- Usually, a group of people migrates from their native places during a particular season and return after the end of that season.
- Transhumance is an another example of seasonal migration.
Concept: Types of Migration
Is there an error in this question or solution?