What are the merits of the modern periodic table of elements?
The merits of the Modern Periodic Table of Elements are as follows:
1. It is based on the atomic number of elements.
2. The modern periodic table clearly explains the reason behind elements showing similar properties in a group and dissimilar properties in different groups.
3. This also explains the reason for the periodicity in the properties of elements.
4. The modern periodic table explains the reason for a repetition in the properties of elements after 2,8,18 and 32 elements.
5. In the modern periodic table, there are no anomalies in the arrangement of elements.