What are the main causes of water pollution ? How can it be controlled ?
Main causes of water pollution are:
- Chemical waste, industrial waste and agricultural processes.
- Thermal waste from nuclear and thermal power plants.
- Sewage and garbage.
Prevention of water pollution:
- Domestic sewage should be treated before being discharged into rivers.
- Using of non-biodegradable substances like detergents should be stopped.
- Trees and plants must be planted along the banks of rivers.
- Purification of water bodies should be carried out.
- The waste products of industries should be treated before they are discharged into rivers.
Concept: Water, Our Lifeline
Is there an error in this question or solution?