What are the environmental consequences of the increasing demand for energy?
he following are the environmental consequences of the increasing demand for energy.
1. More nuclear power plants are being set up, increasing the radioactivity in the environment.
2. The ecological balance is being disturbed by the construction of hydropower plants.
3. The amount of the greenhouse gas carbon dioxide in the atmosphere is increasing because of the burning of fossil fuels.
4. The combustion of fossil fuels is producing acid rain and damaging plants, soil and aquatic life.
Video Tutorials For All Subjects
- Environmental Consequences