What are Composting ? Explain its Process
Composting is an effective way of disposing of wet garbage from households and biomass wastes from gardens.
The processes involves in composting are :
- Vegetable peels, fruit peels, food-scraps, twigs, dry leaves, grass clippings can be dumped into a pit or a big bin.
- Then soil is spread over this pile.
- Earthworms can be introduced into the compost pit to decompose the organic matter which enrich the compost. This method is called vermi-composting.
- The soil microbes break down the organic matter.
- The compost obtained is rich organic manure for the plants in the garden.
Concept: Domestic Waste
Is there an error in this question or solution?