Answer in Brief
What according to you was the most significant contribution of the Home Rule Movement in India.
- Strengthening of the National Movement: The Home Rule infused a new spirit and life in the National Movement and intensified the demand for the grant of self-government.
- Mass Movement: It transformed the National Movement into people’s movement. Even women did not lag behind.
- Unity in the Congress: The movement brought together the Moderates and the Assertives in the Congress.
- Declaration of August 1917: The Government realised the seriousness of the demonstration that broke out after the launching of Home Rule League. So government felt the necessity to pacify the Indians by declaring its policy.
- Beginning of Transfer of Power: The Government of India Act was the direct outcome of Home Rule League. Through this Act Government made a beginning towards transferring some power to Indians at Provincial level.
Concept: Significance of the Lucknow Pact - 1916
Is there an error in this question or solution?