Using ruler and compasses only, construct a ΔABC, given base BC = 7cm, ∠ABC = 60° and AB + AC = 12 cm.
Steps of construction:
1. Draw a line segment BC of 7cm .
2. At B, draw an angle XBC of 60°
3. With center B and radius 1 2 , cm draw an arc which intersects BX at D.
4. Join DC
5. Draw the perpendicular bisector of DC which intersects BD at A.
6. Join AC
∴ΔABC is the required triangle.
Concept: Some Constructions of Triangles
Is there an error in this question or solution?
Video TutorialsVIEW ALL 
Video Tutorials For All Subjects
- Some Constructions of Triangles