Consider this data collected from a survey of a colony.
1) Draw a double bar graph choosing an appropriate scale. What do you infer from the bar graph?
2) Which sport is most popular?
3) Which is more preferred, watching or participating in sports?
1) A double bar graph for the given data is as follows.
The double bar graph represents the number of people who like watching and participating in different sports. It can be observed that most of the people like watching and participating in cricket while the least number of people like watching and participating in athletics.
2) From the bar graph, it can be observed that the bar representing the number of people who like watching and participating in cricket is the tallest among all the bars. Hence, cricket is the most popular sport.
3) The bars representing watching sport are longer than the bars representing participating in sport. Hence, watching different types of sports is more preferred than participating in the sports.