Trace the evolution of the United Nations since its establishment in 1945. How does it function with the help of its structures and agencies?
Evolution of the UN since its establishment in 1945:-
- The United Nations was founded in 1945 just after the Second World War as a successor to the League of Nations. The UN was set up through the signing of the UN chapter by the 51 states.
- Its prime objective is to prevent international conflict and to facilitate cooperation among states.
- It was created with an intention to bring together countries to improve the prospects of social and economic development all over the world.
- The UN has 192 member states according to the current record with a head called the Secretary-General.
Functioning of the UN'S structures and agencies:-
- The UN comprises several different structures and agencies. War and peace and differences between member states are discussed in detail in the General Assembly and the Security Council.
- Social and economic issues are dealt with by various agencies such as the WHO, UNDP, UNHRC, UNICEF and UNESCO.
Is there an error in this question or solution?
Video Tutorials For All Subjects
- Restructuring and the Future of the UN
Solution Trace the Evolution of the United Nations since Its Establishment in 1945. How Does It Function with the Help of Its Structures and Agencies? Concept: Restructuring and the Future of the UN.