Answer in Brief
Today Sugandha is very excited. All the children of her school are going on a trip to Bhopal with their teachers. Ms. Meenakshi and Mr. Rakesh are talking about the number of buses needed.
|Ms. Meenakshi-||We will need 4 buses.|
|Mr. Rakesh-||I think we need at least 5.|
|Ms. Meenakshi-||Each bus has 50 seats.|
|Mr. Rakesh-||Let us see how many children are going.|
|Class||Number of children|
- One bus can take 50 children, 4 buses can take 50 × 4....?
- So there are a total of _____ children going.
- If they get 4 buses, how many children will get seats?
- Will there be any children left without seats?
- 33 + 32 + 42 + 50 + 53
- Total number of seats in 4 buses
= No.of seat in each bus × 4
= 50 × 4
So, 200 children will get seats.
- Children left out without seat
= Total number of children – Total number of seats in buses
= 210 - 200
= 10 children.
Concept: A Trip to Bhopal
Is there an error in this question or solution?