Choose the most logical order of sentences from among the given choices to construct a coherent paragraph.
- Thus is the oligopoly in the international rating market perpetuated, despite the near-collapse of the global financial system resulting from the overenthusiastic statistical virtuosity of the ‘trusted’ large agencies.
- Yet, despite this reputation, they continue to be seen as a second-best option pending the day when Moody’s and S&P will see the light and establish microfinance rating divisions.
- It is well known to those engaged with microfinance that the activities of small, specialized raters have facilitated and enabled a substantial flow of funds from banks and investors into the microfinance institutions (MFIs), especially in India but also in other parts of the developing world.
- Surprising amounts of international donor funds have been devoted to inducing such an outcome to the detriment of the rating market and delaying the long-term acceptance of the specialized agencies.
- The four leading international microfinance raters (each a small agency) started within the past 8-10 years and have within the specialized world of microfinance established an excellent reputation for reliable assessment of MFIs.
The paragraph talks about raters.
Hence the sequence is C – E – B – D – A
Concept: Incorrect/Correct Sentences (Entrance Exams)
Is there an error in this question or solution?