Though India now has a large base in science and technology, which is fast expanding, it is still a long way from realizing its potential of becoming a world leader in science. Name some important factors, which in your view have hindered the advancement of science in India.
Some important factors in our view which have hindered the advancement of science in India are:
- Proper funds are not arranged for the development of research work and laboratories. The labs and scientific instruments are very old and outdated.
- Most of the people in India are uneducated and highly traditional. They don't understand the importance of Science.
- There is no proper employment opportunity for the science educated person in India.
- There are no proper facilities for science education in schools and colleges in India.
Some of the important factors which have hindered the growth of science in India are given below:
- Lock of infrastructure and funds for quality research work in science.
- Science education is neither properly oriented nor directed. It needs specific directions depending on our requirements.
- The rural based science education is nearly non-existent so that majority of population is deprived of the benefits of advancements in science and technology.
- Poor pay scales and other facilities to scientists as compared to administrators.
- Indian society is full of superstitions and is highly traditional. Therefore, they are slow in adopting the new scientific trends.
- There is practically no co-ordination between the researchers and the industrialists. The industrialists are the actual consumers of new research and technology. The industrialists of this country have little confidence in the ability of the Indian scientists.
Video Tutorials For All Subjects
- Physics, Technology and Society