This bar graph shows the maximum temperatures in degrees Celsius in different cities on a certain day in February. Observe the graph and answer the questions.
- What data is shown on the vertical and the horizontal lines?
- Which city had the highest temperature?
- Which cities had equal maximum temperatures?
- Which cities had a maximum temperature of 30°C?
- What is the difference between the maximum temperatures of Panchgani and Chandrapur?
- Temperature is shown on the vertical line (Y-axis) and different cities are shown on the horizontal line (X-axis).
- Chandrapur had the highest temperature (35°C) as the height of the bar corresponding to the city Chandrapur is maximum.
- Panchgani and Matheran had an equal maximum temperature of 25°C. Also, Pune and Nasik had an equal maximum temperature of 30°C. Thus, the cities Panchgani and Matheran; Pune and Nasik had equal maximum temperatures.
- Pune and Nasik had a maximum temperature of 30°C.
- Maximum temperature of Panchgani = 25°C
Maximum temperature of Chandrapur = 35°C
∴ Difference between the maximum temperatures of Panchgani and Chandrapur = 35°C − 25°C = 10°C
Concept: Drawing a Bar Graph
Is there an error in this question or solution?