The table below gives the number of children who took part in the various items of the talent show as part of the annual school gathering. Make a bar graph to show this data. (Scale: on Y-axis, 1cm = 4 children)
|Programme||Theatre||Dance||Vocal music||Instrumental music||One-act plays|
|No. of students||24||40||16||8||4|
Steps to draw the bar graph:
(1) In the centre of the graph paper, write the title "Programmes and number of children".
(2) Draw the X-axis and Y-axis, and mark O, their point of intersection.
(3) Write the name of the programmes on the X-axis at equal distances.
(4) The number of children taking part in the various items of the talent show is taken on the Y-axis.
(5) Write the scale in the top right-hand corner i.e. 1 cm = 4 children on the Y-axis.
(6) Draw a bar of the appropriate height above the name of each programme on the X-axis.