The names of the heads of some families in a village and the quantity of drinking water their family consumes in one day are given below. Draw a bar graph for this data.
(Scale: On Y-axis, 1cm = 10 litres of water)
|Litres of water used||30 litres||60 litres||40 litres||50 litres||55 litres|
Steps to draw the bar graph:
(1) In the centre of the graph paper, write the title "Heads and quantity of drinking water consumed".
(2) Draw the X-axis and Y-axis, and mark O, their point of intersection.
(3) Write the names of the head of the families on the X-axis at equal distances.
(4) The quantity of the drinking water consumed is taken on the Y-axis.
(5) Write the scale in the top right-hand corner i.e. 1 cm = 10 litres of water on the Y-axis.
(6) Draw a bar of the appropriate height above the name of each head of the family on the X-axis.