The marks obtained by 120 students in a test are given below:
Draw an ogive for the given distribution on a graph sheet.
Use a suitable scale for ogive to estimate the following:
(1) The median.
(2) The number of students who obtained more than 75% marks in the test.
(3) The number of students who did not pass the test if minimum marks required to pass is 40
|Marks||No. of Students||Cumulative Frequency|
`n = 120/2 = 60`
1) Through marks 60, draw a line segment parallel to x-axis which meets the curve at A. From A, draw a line perpendicular to x-axis meeting at B. Median = 43
2) Through marks 75, draw a line segment parallel to y-axis which meets the curve at D. From D, draw a line perpendicular to y-axis which meets y-axis at 110.
Number of students getting more than 75% = 120 - 110 = 10 students
3) Through marks 40, draw a line segment parallel to y-axis which meets the curve at C. From C, draw a line perpendicular to y-axis which meets y-axis at 52.
The number of students who did not pass = 52.