The first and the last sentences are placed correctly, arrange the remaining sentences to form a logical sequence and then choose the correct option.
1. Horses and communism were, on the whole, a poor match.
- Fine horses bespoke the nobility the party was supposed to despise.
- Communist leaders, when they visited villages, preferred to see cows and pigs.
- Although a working horse was just about tolerable the communists were right to be wary.
- Peasants from Poland to the Hungarian Pustza preferred their horses to party dogma.
6.“A farmer’s pride is his horse; his cow may be thin but his horse must be fat”, went a Slovak saying
A gives the reason why communists despised horses in 1. What they preferred instead is given in B. C makes allowances and D6 presents the alternate view.
The correct sequence A-B-C-D.