1. Inform you about time table of exam.
2. Inform you about new question papers.
3. New video tutorials information.
Try to collect all the currently accepted meanings for the word ‘species’. Discuss with your teacher the meaning of species in case of higher plants and animals on one hand and bacteria on the other hand.
Illustrate the taxonomical hierarchy with suitable examples of a plant and an animal.
Can you identify the correct sequence of taxonomical categories?
(a) Species → Order → Phylum → Kingdom
(b) Genus → Species → Order → Kingdom
(c) Species → Genus → Order → Phylum
Define and understand the following terms
Define a taxon. Give some examples of taxa at different hierarchical levels.
Define and understand the following terms:
- Diversity in Living World part 9 (Species, Genus, Family)
undefined video tutorial00:13:01
- Diversity in Living World part 8 (Taxa, taxanomy, Hierarchical)
undefined video tutorial00:16:12
- Diversity in Living World part 11 (Taxanomical Aids)
undefined video tutorial00:11:35
- Diversity in Living World part 10 (Order, class, phylum, div, kingdom)
undefined video tutorial00:12:49