Study the diagram and identify the types of settlements.
- Settlement ‘A’ has 5-6 houses and the place does not have other facilities.
- ‘B’. has a high school, a big market, and a small theatre.
- ‘C’ has houses, farms, many shops, and small industries.
- ‘D’ is a natural harbour. Many industries have been established there.
* ‘C’ is a settlement that has developed along the roadside. Give two reasons of its location here.
- Scattered settlement.
- Urban settlement/Nucleated settlement.
- Rural settlements/Linear settlements.
- Nucleated settlement.
'C is a settlement that has developed along the roadside. The reason for its location here is as follows :
- It is located in the foothills region.
- It is located near the main road.