Study the climatic data given below and answer the questions that follow:
1) What is the annual range of temperature of the station?
2) What is the total annual rainfall experienced by the station?
3) Why would it be correct to presume that the station lies in the interior and not on the coast?
1) Annual range of temperature = Maximum temperature − Minimum temperature = 36.2°C − 12.0°C = 24.2°C
2) Annual rainfall = Sum of rainfall in all twelve months. Therefore, the annual rainfall is 112.9 cm.
3) Yes, it is correct to presume that the station lies in the interior and not on the coast because the temperature reaches up to 36.2°C during the summer months, while it drops to 12.0°C in the winter. Thus, the climate is extreme. The extreme climate is experienced by places which lie in the interior of the continent.