Study the above cartoon carefully and answer the following questions:-
- Who was head of the Government formed by the National Front in 1989?
- Why was the government formed by him called a puppet government?
- Identify the puppeteers pulling the strings and the political parties they belong to?
1. V. P. Singh was the head of the Government formed by the National Front in 1989.
2. The government formed by him was called a puppet government because the strings of his government were in the hands of other leaders. Also, the other leaders were the ones actually controlling the government.
3. (a) The puppeteers pulling the strings were Jyoti Basu and L. K. Advani. (b) Jyoti Basu belonged to CPM and L. K. Advani belonged to BJP.