Students planted trees in 5 villages of Sangli district. Make a bar graph of this data. (Scale: on Y-axis, 1cm = 100 trees)
|Name of place||Dudhgaon||Bagni||Samdoli||Ashta||Kavathepiran|
|No. of trees planted||500||350||600||420||540|
Steps to draw the bar graph:
(1) In the centre of the graph paper, write the title "Places and number of trees planted".
(2) Draw the X-axis and Y-axis, and mark O, their point of intersection.
(3) Write the name of the places on the X-axis at equal distances.
(4) The number of trees planted is taken on the Y-axis.
(5) Write the scale in the top right-hand corner i.e. 1 cm = 100 trees on the Y-axis.
(6) Draw a bar of the appropriate height above the name of each place on the X-axis.