State your opinion.
Samudragupta performed Asvamedha sacrifice after Digvijaya.
- Samudraguptas ambition was to rule entire India as a unified empire.
- Samudragupta first conquered neighbouring kingdoms.
- After the conquest in the North, he carried out an expedition in the south to conquer the southern kingdoms. The rulers of the regions beyond this conquered area became his feudatories.
- He made them accept his suzerainty.
- After this conquest (Digvijay) Samudragupta performed the Ashwamedha Sacrifice and proclaimed himself as Chakravarti king.
Concept: Gupta Empire
Is there an error in this question or solution?