State your opinion.
Chandragupta Maurya is the first Chakravarti emperor in the history of India.
- The concept of 'Chakravarti' occurs in the literature on ancient Indian polity.
- The sovereign ruler whose chariot could roll in all four directions without any obstruction was known as Chakravarti.
- It was expected that his rule should be ethical and for the welfare of the state.
- During his tenure the wheel of 'Ruta' remains intact. His rule is on an extended territory.
- Thus, Chandragupta Maurya was the first Chakravarti Emperor.
Concept: Rise of Magadha Empire
Is there an error in this question or solution?