Answer in Brief
State with reason whether you agree or disagree with the following statement:
Obligatory function is the only function of the Government.
I disagree with the above statement.
- Government is a formal or informal institution created by the people in a specific region to perform various functions
- The functions of the government can be classified as obligatory functions and optional functions.
- The obligatory functions include protection from external attacks, maintaining internal law and order, etc.
- The optional functions include the provision of education and health services, provision of social security like pensions and other welfare measures, etc.
- Hence, obligatory function is not the only function of the government.
Concept: Public Finance in India
Is there an error in this question or solution?