True or False
State with reason whether you agree or disagree with the following statement:
During British rule, indigenous handicrafts suffered a severe blow.
I agree with the above statement.
- Before 1947, the pattern of India's foreign trade was typically colonial.
- India used to supply raw materials to industrialized nations, particularly England.
- India was also an importer of the manufactured goods at that time.
- This dependence on foreign trade did not permit industrialization at home.
- Hence, the indigenous handicrafts suffered a severe blow.
Concept: Foreign Trade of India
Is there an error in this question or solution?