State the various characteristics of chemical reactions.
Following are the various characteristics of a chemical reaction:
- Evolution of gas: Zinc and dilute sulphuric acid react to form zinc sulphate with the evolution of hydrogen gas.
- Formation of precipitate: Sulphuric acid and barium chloride react to form white precipitates of barium sulphate.
- Change in colour: Purple colour of potassium permanganate solution on addition of citric acid changes to colourless solution.
- Change in temperature: Barium hydroxide and ammonium chloride react to form barium chloride, ammonia and water. This is an endothermic reaction in which heat is absorbed, causing the temperature to fall.
- Change in state: Combustion of candle wax (solid) leads to the formation of water (liquid) and carbon dioxide (gas).
Concept: Chemical Equation
Is there an error in this question or solution?