Answer in Brief
State the objectives of the Khalistan Movement under the leadership of the Akali Dal.
Objectives of the Khalistan Movement:
- The transfer of the federally administered city of Chandigarh to Punjab.
- The transfer of Punjabi-speaking and contiguous areas of Haryana to Punjab.
- Decentralization of States under the existing constitution, limiting the Central Government’s role.
- The call for land reforms and industrialization of Punjab, along with safeguarding the rights of the weaker sections of the population.
- The enactment of an all India Gurudwara (Sikh house of worship) Act.
- Protection of minorities residing outside Punjab, but within India.
- Reservation of government’s recruitment quota restricting the number of Sikhs in armed forces.
Is there an error in this question or solution?