State, with reason, whether the following statement is True or False :
The objective of SEBI is to protect interest of the companies.
Reasons: The main objectives of SEBI are as under.
- To promote fair dealing by the issue of securities and to ensure a market place where (they) companies or institutions can raise funds at relatively low cost.
- To provide protection to the investors and protect their rights and interests so that there is a steady flow of savings into the market.
- To regulate and develop a code of conduct and fair practices by intermediaries like brokers etc. with a view to make them competitive and professional.
- It aims at protection to investors and safeguard the rights and interest of small to big investors alike.
- It aims to provide a code of conduct of all the players in the market like brokers and provide the best of professional and competitive atmosphere in the Indian Capital market.
- 6. SEBI therefore is more pro – investor than pro – company.
Concept: Distinction Between Capital Market and Money Market
Is there an error in this question or solution?
Video Tutorials For All Subjects
- Distinction Between Capital Market and Money Market