State the advantages of constructing dams across the rivers.
Following are the advantages of constructing dams across the rivers:
- They can store excess water, thereby preventing floods.
- Water from the dams can be used for the irrigation of crops via a network of canals.
- After a suitable treatment, people of towns and cities get dam water through pipelines, for usage.
- Water falling from the dams is used to generate electricity in hydropower plants.
Is there an error in this question or solution?
Video Tutorials For All Subjects
- Natural Resources - Water for All - Dams
Solution State the Advantages of Constructing Dams Across the Rivers. Concept: Natural Resources - Water for All - Dams.