ICSE Class 10CISCE
Share
Notifications

View all notifications

Give Scientific Reasons : Carbon Monoxide is Highly Dangerous When Inhaled. - ICSE Class 10 - Biology

Login
Create free account


      Forgot password?

Question

Give scientific reasons : Carbon monoxide is highly dangerous when inhaled.

Solution

Carbon monoxide when inhaled and absorbed into blood binds with haemoglobin and forms an irreversible complex called  carboxyhaemoglobin. The formation of this complex reduces the oxygen-carrying capacity of blood. Hence, carbon monoxide is highly dangerous when inhaled.

  Is there an error in this question or solution?

APPEARS IN

Solution Give Scientific Reasons : Carbon Monoxide is Highly Dangerous When Inhaled. Concept: Sources of Pollution and Major Pollutan - Air.
S
View in app×