Long answer question:
Smita was working in a garage with the doors closed and automobile's engine running. After some time she felt breathless and fainted. What would be the reason? How can she be treated?
1. Smita felt breathless and fainted due to the presence of excess carbon monoxide released from automobile engines.
2. Carbon monoxide can be fatal if not treated. The affected person can be treated by administering pure oxygen. This will speed up the separation of carbon monoxide from hemoglobin.