Since October 02, 2014 "Swachh Bharat Abhiyan" has been launched in our country.
(a) Write your views on this initiative giving justification.
(b) As a biologist name two problems that you may face while implementing the programme in your locality.
(c) Suggest two remedial methods to overcome these problems.
(a) "Swachh Bharat Abhiyan" is an initiative started by India's Prime Minister, Narendra Modi on October 02, 2014. It is India's biggest cleanliness drive since independence. On a personal note, I am completely in support for the movement. It is our primary duty to clean our nation because wastes are the biggest evil that hinders the progress and the development of a country. An unclean surrounding will lead to a lot of problems, starting from the health of citizens to the shortage of land. On a large scale, it is responsible for the pollution, be it air and water, which creates problem both on development and economic aspects of the country.
(b) As a biologist, two problem faced while implementing the programme in my locality are as follows:
- Problem of proper sanitation
- Separation of biodegradable and non-biodegradable wastes
1. To overcome sanitation problems, we should provide awareness regarding the advantages of proper sanitation and encourage people of the locality to make proper toilets.
2. There should be separate bins for both biodegradable and non-biodegradable wastes so that they can be used and recycled accordingly.
Video Tutorials For All Subjects
- Environmental Issues (Question)