Give the significance of respiration
1)Respiration provides energy for biosynthesis of cellular materials such as carbohydrates, proteins, fats, lipids, vitamins, pigments, etc
2) It is also a source of energy for cell division, growth, repairs and replacement of worn out parts, movements, locomotion etc.
3) Various intermediates of Krebs cycle are used as building blocks for the synthesis of other complex compounds.
4) Coupled with photosynthesis, it helps to maintain the balance between CO2 and O2 in the atmosphere
5) Anaerobic respiration (fermentation) is used in various industries such as dairies, bakeries, distilleries, leather industries, paper industries, etc. It is used in the commercial production of alcohol, organic acids, vitamins, antibiotics etc.
6) The energy of respiration is also used to convert insoluble substances into the soluble form.