Short Answer Question:
Write a short note on Differentiation.
1. It is maturation of cells derived from the apical meristem of root and shoot.
2. Permanent change in structure and function of cells leading to maturation is called differentiation.
3. During cell differentiation, the cell undergoes few to major anatomical and physiological changes.
4. For e.g. Parenchyma in hydrophytes develops large schizogenous interspaces for mechanical support, buoyancy and aeration.
5. Cells lose the capacity to divide and redivide and mature.