Answer in Brief
Short answer question.
Write a note on budding in Hydra.
- Asexual reproduction in Hydra takes place through budding.
- Budding normally occurs in favorable conditions.
- In Hydra, a small outgrowth is produced towards the basal end of the body.
- It develops as a bud which grows and forms tentacles.
- This bud eventually develops (get transformed) into a new individual.
- The young Hydra gets detached from the parent and becomes an independent new organism.
Budding in Hydra-
Is there an error in this question or solution?