Answer in Brief
Shah Jahan’s time witnessed the climax of Mughal splendour. Support this statement in comparison with the times of other Mughal rulers.
- The famous peacock throne, covered with expensive jewels, was made during Shah Jahan’s time for the emperor to sit on. The world famous Taj Mahal, the Moti Masjid, the pearl mosque at Agra, the Jama Masjid of Delhi, the Diwan-i- Khas and Diwan – I Am in his palace exhibit his taste for Art and Architecture.
- Babur built many structures at Agra, Biana, Dholpur, Gwalior and Kiul in Persian style of Architecture.
- Sher shah built a mausoleum at Sasaram. Diwan-i-khas, Diwan-i-Am, Panch Mahal Rang Mahal, Salim Chishti’s tomb and Buland Darwaza were built during Akbar’s time.
- Jahangir completed Akbar’s tomb at Sikandara and the beautiful building containing the tomb of Itmad-ud-daula, at Agra.
- During Aurangzeb’s reign, architecture did not receive much patronage.
Concept: Shah Jahan (1627–1658)
Is there an error in this question or solution?